Introduction To Lycra Fabric
Lycra is a new high-elastic fiber introduced by DuPont of the United States, and is an indispensable high-quality raw material for making high-grade stretch fabrics. The clothing made by Lycra fabrics will have a triangular tag, which is also a symbol of high quality. So, what is the advantage of Lycra? According to quality statement of DuPont, Lycra differs from traditional elastic fibers in that it can stretch up to 500% and return to its original state. Here are some of the functional characteristics of Lycra fabrics.
Lycra fiber can be stretched very easily, but it can be attached to the surface of the human body after recovery, and the binding force to the human body is very small. Lycra fiber can also be used in combination with any fiber, including wool, hemp, silk and cotton to make various high-grade elastic fabrics. These Lycra fabrics have excellent close0fitting, elasticity and loose natural characteristics, so it will be very comfortable to wear them when you do activities. Moreover, unlike most spandex yarns, Lycra has a special chemical structure that does not grow mildew in a wet-heat sealed space after being wet by water. Therefore, Lycra is known as a "friendly" fiber, not only because it can be thoroughly blended with natural and man-made fibers, but also because it increases the comfort, fit, movement, and longevity of the fabric or clothing.
Lycra is a kind of artificial elastic fiber invented exclusively by DuPont. It can be stretched 4 to 7 times freely and quickly returns to its original length after the external force is released. It cannot be used alone and can be interwoven with any other artificial or natural fiber. It does not change the appearance of the fabric and is an invisible fiber that greatly improves the performance of the fabric. Lycra has outstanding stretchability. For knitwear, its multi-directional extension is determined by the fabric itself, and Lycra brings only the elasticity of stretching and recovery. Machine fabrics are malleable only in the direction woven into Lycra, such as warp knitting (straight direction) or weft knitting (horizontal direction). The trousers benefit from the warp elasticity, while the two-way stretch fabric with Lycra provides great comfort and freedom in both directions. Therefore, folds of trousers, jackets and other women's ready-to-wear made of Lycra fabrics can be easily and automatically restored, and clothes are more elegant and not easy to deform. Even if Lycra fabric is used to make the rigorous suit, coat, etc., there is no sense of urgency and constraint. It’s also a good idea to add a little Lycra to T-shirts, underwear, bodybuilding pants and other knitted goods, which can them more fit and comfortable.
- August 15, 2018Tencel linen fabric is an optimized combination of regenerated cellulose fiber tencel and high-quality natural fiber linen. The development and design principle is to melt the soft and beautiful silk ...view
- August 15, 2018What fabric is tencel linen? Tencel linen fabric is a general term for fabrics containing tencel and linen.Tencel is a kind of regenerated cellulose fiber extracted from the original ecological pulp. ...view
- August 15, 2018Modal materials have good warmth property, so thermal underwear often contains modal materials. The following are the characteristics of Modal warm clothing:1.Modal warm clothes are soft to the touch,...view
- August 15, 2018Due to the evenness and tightness of the tencel yarn, the resulting tencel is stiff and lacks drooping. However, sand washing makes the tencel soft and its drape feel exceptionally good, showing the g...view
- August 15, 2018Tencel is a 100% natural material. The environmentally-friendly manufacturing process allows the lifestyle to protect the natural environment, which fully caters to the needs of modern consumers, and ...view
- February 22, 2018Modal fabric is the high humidity modulus of cellulose fibers developed by the Lenzing Company. Its raw material is made of European beech woods, made into wood pulp and then processed into fibers thr...view