Sustainable Fabric Brief Introduction
Sometimes sustainable fabric comes from recycled plastic bottles, or from yarns recycled from store floors. And that's getting more and more likely.
Sustainable clothing is made from different organic and natural fibers, sustainable crops, instead of petroleum materials,like the soybean fiber or corn fabrics .According to many facts provided by market research companies, this $3 billion industry may bring the most significant change in clothing manufacturing and marketing since the Industrial Revolution. However, the green apparel movement is not only the matter about raw materials, but also about recycling.
The simplest way to recycle clothes is asking for items in thrift stores or consignment stores. But manufacturers have gone beyond that level by recycling small pieces of cloth and fibers from used clothes ,and then turning them into new things.
Sustainable clothing also has its own problems. Bamboo is a sustainable crop, but converting bamboo into fabric requires a lot of chemicals and water.Genetically modified soybeans and King rice can replace petroleum-derived polyesters.Recycled materials benefit from the use of pre-existing materials, but their collection, transportation, cleanliness, inking and fiber modification can generate environmental costs. Therefore, advocates of sustainable clothing are very interested in recycling.
- June 19, 2019Tencelhas excellent hygroscopicity, smoothness and elegance, good strength and almostthe same dry strength as polyester. At the same time, Tencel has a high wetstrength dry-wet strength ratio of 85. P...view
- February 22, 2018Modal fabrics has very good softness and hygroscopicity with poor fabric stiffness, which is now mostly used in underwear production. Modal has a silvery luster, excellent colorability and bright colo...view
- August 15, 2018Commonly known as "natural velvet", Lyocell fiber was invented in the mid-1990s with natural plant fiber as raw material, and is regarded as the most valuable product in the history of man-made fiber ...view
- August 15, 2018Lycra is a new high-elastic fiber introduced by DuPont of the United States, and is an indispensable high-quality raw material for making high-grade stretch fabrics. The clothing made by Lycra fabrics...view
- March 8, 2019Lyocell is made from wood by solvent spinning,belonging to green cellulose fibers.Its dry strength and wet strength are higher, and wet strength is about 85% of dry strength. After fibrillation, the f...view
- October 24, 2018For hot weather, cotton is one of the best fabrics. It is not only cheap and reasonably priced, but also good for high temperatures.view