The Four Best Fabrics for Hot Weather
For hot weather, cotton is one of the best fabrics. It is not only cheap and reasonably priced, but also good for high temperatures. Cotton is soft, light, breathable, and absorbs sweat, allowing heat to escape from the body, keeping you cool. It has countless styles and colors, which means you can find cotton garments for any need. There are also a variety of different quality cotton blends. Cotton becomes wrinkled, but cotton polyester blends will keep you from ironing. However, cotton does have some drawbacks. If you sweat a lot, cotton tends to absorb moisture, so it becomes heavy and damp. If you wear light colors, water stains may appear in your armpits or collars.
Linen is another preferred choice for breathable fabrics in hot weather. It is also very light and loosely woven, allowing heat to escape from the body. It absorbs a lot of water and dries quickly, keeping you cool and dry. It is often stiff, but it also means it won't stick to your body. Linen is often wrinkled, but many people like it and see it as part of the linen style and appearance.
Rayon is a rayon blend of cotton, wood pulp and other natural or synthetic fibers. It was invented as a cheaper alternative to silk (which also made silk a good summer fabric). Rayon has very fine fibers that make it breathier and make it lighter than other fabrics, preventing it from sticking to the body in hot weather. Because it is very comfortable and easy to wear, rayon is a particularly good fabric for sportswear and summer dresses.
Denim is made from very tight cotton, so it is breathable and absorbs sweat, just like cotton. However, denim is often a heavier fabric, which is why some people like chambray. Chambray is like denim, so it has all the same advantages as denim, but it's much lighter.
Summer seems to be the season of stains: grass, dirt and ketchup. Don't break one of the stained summer fabrics and bring them to Mulberrys as soon as possible so it can help you stay cool this summer.
Visit Mulberrys Garment Care and experience high quality dry cleaning for all hot weather. We offer environmentally friendly dry cleaning and free pick-up and drop-off services in Minneapolis, San Francisco and Dallas. Please click here for a 20% coupon for your first dry cleaning order!
- February 22, 2018Modal fabrics has very good softness and hygroscopicity with poor fabric stiffness, which is now mostly used in underwear production. Modal has a silvery luster, excellent colorability and bright colo...view
- February 22, 2018The main use of black tencel fabrics is to make jeans, men's shirts, suits, dresses, golf pants, curtains, sheets, pajamas, short-sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, underwears, shorts and the like.Tencel fi...view
- March 8, 2019Lyocell is made from wood by solvent spinning,belonging to green cellulose fibers.Its dry strength and wet strength are higher, and wet strength is about 85% of dry strength. After fibrillation, the f...view
- October 17, 2018What is Lyocell FabricLyocell fabric refers to an perfect eco friendly which is considered as a milestone in environmentally sustainable textiles development. Lyocell is a popular man made fibre. Lyoc...view
- June 19, 2019Tencelis a kind of regenerated cellulose fibers with multi-fiber qualitycharacteristics, such as moisture absorption and breathability of cotton,durable strength of polyester, gorgeous feeling of wool...view
- June 19, 2019Tencelis a brand-new fiber produced by solvent spinning from wood pulp. It has thecomfort of cotton, the strength of polyester, the luxurious beauty of woolfabrics and the unique touch and soft sag of...view