The Four Best Fabrics for Hot Weather
For hot weather, cotton is one of the best fabrics. It is not only cheap and reasonably priced, but also good for high temperatures. Cotton is soft, light, breathable, and absorbs sweat, allowing heat to escape from the body, keeping you cool. It has countless styles and colors, which means you can find cotton garments for any need. There are also a variety of different quality cotton blends. Cotton becomes wrinkled, but cotton polyester blends will keep you from ironing. However, cotton does have some drawbacks. If you sweat a lot, cotton tends to absorb moisture, so it becomes heavy and damp. If you wear light colors, water stains may appear in your armpits or collars.
Linen is another preferred choice for breathable fabrics in hot weather. It is also very light and loosely woven, allowing heat to escape from the body. It absorbs a lot of water and dries quickly, keeping you cool and dry. It is often stiff, but it also means it won't stick to your body. Linen is often wrinkled, but many people like it and see it as part of the linen style and appearance.
Rayon is a rayon blend of cotton, wood pulp and other natural or synthetic fibers. It was invented as a cheaper alternative to silk (which also made silk a good summer fabric). Rayon has very fine fibers that make it breathier and make it lighter than other fabrics, preventing it from sticking to the body in hot weather. Because it is very comfortable and easy to wear, rayon is a particularly good fabric for sportswear and summer dresses.
Denim is made from very tight cotton, so it is breathable and absorbs sweat, just like cotton. However, denim is often a heavier fabric, which is why some people like chambray. Chambray is like denim, so it has all the same advantages as denim, but it's much lighter.
Summer seems to be the season of stains: grass, dirt and ketchup. Don't break one of the stained summer fabrics and bring them to Mulberrys as soon as possible so it can help you stay cool this summer.
Visit Mulberrys Garment Care and experience high quality dry cleaning for all hot weather. We offer environmentally friendly dry cleaning and free pick-up and drop-off services in Minneapolis, San Francisco and Dallas. Please click here for a 20% coupon for your first dry cleaning order!
- March 8, 2019Degradable cellulose fibers are made from cellulose-rich plant materials through a series of chemical treatment and mechanical processing...The main varieties include traditional regenerated cellulose...view
- February 22, 2018The main use of black tencel fabrics is to make jeans, men's shirts, suits, dresses, golf pants, curtains, sheets, pajamas, short-sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, underwears, shorts and the like.Tencel fi...view
- March 8, 2019Lyocell, whose raw material comes from pulp that crushed from vegetable fibre,is prepared by an organic solvent spinning legality. Advanced technology makes the solvent recovery up to 99.7%.It is ener...view
- February 22, 2018Modal fiber has the advantage of combining the luxurious texture of natural fibers with the practicability of man-made fibers. Modal underwear has softness of cotton and smoothness of silk and flax. I...view
- October 24, 2018Lyocell is a rayon fabric that uses an innovative spinning process to dissolve cellulose or wood pulp. It applies to almost everything from denim to towels.view
- August 7, 2018Properties of the modal fiber1. The fineness of 100 modal fibre material is 1dtex, while that of cotton is 1.5-2.5 dtex and that of silk is 1.3dtex. Modal fiber is soft, bright, clean and colorful. It...view