The Four Best Fabrics for Hot Weather
For hot weather, cotton is one of the best fabrics. It is not only cheap and reasonably priced, but also good for high temperatures. Cotton is soft, light, breathable, and absorbs sweat, allowing heat to escape from the body, keeping you cool. It has countless styles and colors, which means you can find cotton garments for any need. There are also a variety of different quality cotton blends. Cotton becomes wrinkled, but cotton polyester blends will keep you from ironing. However, cotton does have some drawbacks. If you sweat a lot, cotton tends to absorb moisture, so it becomes heavy and damp. If you wear light colors, water stains may appear in your armpits or collars.
Linen is another preferred choice for breathable fabrics in hot weather. It is also very light and loosely woven, allowing heat to escape from the body. It absorbs a lot of water and dries quickly, keeping you cool and dry. It is often stiff, but it also means it won't stick to your body. Linen is often wrinkled, but many people like it and see it as part of the linen style and appearance.
Rayon is a rayon blend of cotton, wood pulp and other natural or synthetic fibers. It was invented as a cheaper alternative to silk (which also made silk a good summer fabric). Rayon has very fine fibers that make it breathier and make it lighter than other fabrics, preventing it from sticking to the body in hot weather. Because it is very comfortable and easy to wear, rayon is a particularly good fabric for sportswear and summer dresses.
Denim is made from very tight cotton, so it is breathable and absorbs sweat, just like cotton. However, denim is often a heavier fabric, which is why some people like chambray. Chambray is like denim, so it has all the same advantages as denim, but it's much lighter.
Summer seems to be the season of stains: grass, dirt and ketchup. Don't break one of the stained summer fabrics and bring them to Mulberrys as soon as possible so it can help you stay cool this summer.
Visit Mulberrys Garment Care and experience high quality dry cleaning for all hot weather. We offer environmentally friendly dry cleaning and free pick-up and drop-off services in Minneapolis, San Francisco and Dallas. Please click here for a 20% coupon for your first dry cleaning order!
- August 7, 2018100 Modal fabric is divided into knitted modal fabric and woven modal fabric.Knitted modal fabric is believed to be familiar to most people. It has been widely used in underwear and bra for many years...view
- August 15, 2018Lycra fabric has a wide range of applications, for example, it can add additional comfort to all types of ready-made clothing, including underwear, custom coats, suits, skirts, trousers, knitted goods...view
- June 19, 2019Tencelfabrics have the "strength" of cotton and polyester, the"luxurious beauty" of wool fabrics and the "unique touch"and "soft pendant", which are tough in both dry and wet conditions. Inwet conditi...view
- March 8, 2019Dyeing technique: The steps of ordinary dyeing process are desizing - scouring - bleaching - dyeing - washing - fixing. It can be seen from this that when the traditional dyeing method wastes a lot of...view
- August 15, 2018The Environmental Characteristics of TencelThe raw material comes from wood, which can be naturally regenerated. The wood is made into wood pulp. The NMMO spinning process is used to dissolve the wood...view
- August 15, 2018Lyocell denim is a brand new textile and apparel fabric. Lyocell, also known as tencel, is made from natural plant extracts with special advanced production techniques. It was officially produced and ...view