Is Modal Fabric Warm?
Modal fiber has the advantage of combining the luxurious texture of natural fibers with the practicability of man-made fibers. Modal underwear has softness of cotton and smoothness of silk and flax. Its water permeability is superior to that of cotton.
Modal underwear has the characteristics of softness, smoothness and bright colors. The fabric feels especially smooth and bright. Its draping is better than that of the existing cotton, polyester and man-made cotton and it has pure silky luster and touch. It is a natural silk fabric.
The Modal underwear is softer than cotton underwear, but the cotton has a strong sense of thickness and far worse air permeability. As a result, cotton wears warm but Modal feels soft. There is also a clear distinction between the superfine and ordinary Modal, with the former superior both in softness and natural perpendicularity.
(1) The fiber fineness is 65.57% of cotton fibers and 76.92% of silk fineness.
(2) Modal fiber is soft, smooth and bright; The fabric feels special and smooth. It has bright luster as pure silk, which is a natural silk fabric.
(3) Modal fiber has the strength and toughness of synthetic fibers, which is stronger than pure cotton and polyester cotton.
(4) Its moisture absorption ability is 50% higher than that of the cotton fiber. Modal fiber fabric keeps dry with good penetrability and is ideal personal fabric and health care apparel products, helping promote the human physiological cycle and health.
(5) Compared with cotton fibers, Modal fiber has good shaping and dimensional stability so that the fabric has a natural anti-wrinkle and non-ironing ability, making it more convenient and natural to wear.
(6) It has good color durability compared with pure cotton and is more comfortable to wear. It doesn't fade or turn yellow. Therefore, Modal fabric is brightly colored and stable in texture. After 25 washing times, the cotton feels harder while Modal is the opposite. The more times of washing there are, the more beautiful it is.
To sum up, Modal fabrics are relatively warm to wear.
- February 22, 2018Modal fabric is the high humidity modulus of cellulose fibers developed by the Lenzing Company. Its raw material is made of European beech woods, made into wood pulp and then processed into fibers thr...view
- June 19, 2019Tencelis a brand-new fiber produced by solvent spinning from wood pulp. It has thecomfort of cotton, the strength of polyester, the luxurious beauty of woolfabrics and the unique touch and soft sag of...view
- June 19, 2019Tencelis a kind of man-made cellulose fibre, which is translated from English TENCEL.The International Bureau of Man-made and Synthetic Fiber Standards has named itLyocell, and its commercial name in ...view
- August 15, 2018Modal materials have good warmth property, so thermal underwear often contains modal materials. The following are the characteristics of Modal warm clothing:1.Modal warm clothes are soft to the touch,...view
- August 7, 2018Modal is a regenerated cellulose of high wet modulus viscose fiber developed by Lenzing Company, Austria. The raw material of this fiber is European beech, which is first made into wood pulp, and then...view
- August 7, 2018Properties of the modal fiber1. The fineness of 100 modal fibre material is 1dtex, while that of cotton is 1.5-2.5 dtex and that of silk is 1.3dtex. Modal fiber is soft, bright, clean and colorful. It...view